January 27, 2017

Peeks from the Week

Fair warning, I'm moody today. The sun was out approximately one day this week and we've had a series of trivial but still inconvenient and unfortunate events this week.

It's my annual January grumpiness making way for my February grumpiness.  

One, the toilet stopped working properly on Saturday. We hobbled through Sunday but it was done by Sunday night. You never know how important a toilet is until yours doesn't work. It's times like these when having more than one bathroom would be really nice. Fortunately, the Super was willing to come after his work hours on Monday night to fix it. We tipped him generously.

Also on Monday we had strong winds and rain all day and apparently the window in the spare room wasn't locked so the force of the wind pushed it open, letting cold air and rain into the apartment for who knows how long (we were both at work). The curtain absorbed most of the moisture but it took a good six hours for the heat to come back into the apartment once we got the window closed.

Last night Dan accidentally knocked over one of my wax warmer things spilling the green wax all over my laptop. I was pretty mad at first but luckily I got it off with goo-gone and, for now, the laptop still works. Time will tell.

Sorry this is super complain-y but I just want to make sure I document the fact that our life isn't perfect and because I don't have a handful of photos to share about happenings from our week, it proves we are normal human beings making no effort to present our lives in a pretty box with a bow.

To end on a better note, it is Friday. So yay. Also this week we got to spend time with some friends we don't get to see much anymore. They came over for dinner and games and we had a great time. And part of my cold dead heart defrosted for a bit because I got to see their baby. Tonight we get to babysit for said baby!

Hoping you all had a better week or something fun to do this weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. I always think of 'essential household appliances' as things in the kitchen...until things stop working in the bathroom. Glad your Super was able to fix the problem! Hope you got lots of baby cuddles Friday night and the rest of your weekend goes well!

    ReplyDelete