October 20, 2016

Summer Highlights

A heat wave was in our area this week and it felt like a second summer!! I was not the least bit bummed by it. But it's an illusion. I keep reminding myself it's not summer. They are currently building the ice skating rink in Bryant Park and the holiday village booths. Focus on that, not the shorts weather. Here's some fall foliage on our block to reset reality.


But since it felt so summery this week, I thought I would recap our summer highlights on the blog today. We didn't do a summer bucket list this year (fail) but we still had a lot of great adventures and hit some sweet milestones.

In June we moved apartments and it was a crazy busy and crazy emotional month. We headed to Colorado at the end of the month and it was Dan's first time to see my childhood home and his first time fly-fishing with my Dad.

In July we were in Kansas to celebrate Dan's birthday and the 4th of July. It was my first time experiencing Kansas fireworks. We also did a choose-your-own-adventure birthday for Dan when we were back in the city and also spent a day at the beach.


In August, Mandy came to visit and we celebrated our 30th birthday together. We enjoyed an epic Broadway weekend with my friend Stephanie, and we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary with a trip to Atlantic City.

This summer in numbers...

5 shows on Broadway
2 really bad sunburns
3 bike rides
2 movie dates
1 professional soccer game
1 professional baseball game 
Countless trips to get bubble tea
2 trips to Governor's Island
1 karaoke event
5 plane rides
2 beach days
Countless hours watching the summer Olympics
1 trip to the amusement park
20 approximate scoops of ice cream
1 pair of completely worn out sandals 

It was a very good summer in my opinion. All the fun and memories blocked out any disappointment and struggles we had mixed in - and that's a good thing. So long summer, I'm counting down the days until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment