October 14, 2016

Peeks from the Week

I'm determined to get back on our regular posting schedule. So much of life to document and it helps me to feel like we aren't loosing track of memories.

This week's peek is very random

We got home from our trip to Kansas on Sunday early evening. I love flying over Brooklyn. Our neighborhood is so easy to spot. 


This week I had Monday off from work for Columbus Day. Dan did not. So I stayed home and caught-up on chores. Since my mood is directly related to how "in" control I am of our physical space, the work is worth it.

We finished watching season 6 of The Walking Dead on Netflix. Wow, it was dramatic and ended with a huge cliff hanger. I love this show because it is so well done for a plot/premise that is otherwise entirely unbelievable (zombies take over the world). On the one hand it is horrifying and gruesome and scary and on the other it has deep moments between characters that speak so much about humanity and love and what really matters in life. Some TV series are trivial, this one is not.

I finished our traditional sand craft from our anniversary trip back in early September. Each year we've gone to the Jersey Shore I've collected sand and shells for a quick and easy keepsake. Now we have three!


We decided on our Halloween costumes for this year. Well, I decided and then kindly informed Dan. We didn't do anything last year but we were invited to a costume party in a couple of weeks with a money pot for the best dressed so I'm working with what we have on austerity and limiting what we need to complete the ensemble. It's going to be cute...stay tuned.

This weekend, I'm trying to plan a last-minute fall adventure and trying not to be discouraged by public transit travel times and expense. I hate when money gets in the way of adventure. Although it's more than I would like, I think we're still going to go for it. I need a pumpkin and fall merriment.

No comments:

Post a Comment