October 18, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday: Quirks

Andrea is hosting Show and Tell Tuesday today and the theme is quirks. I love these kind of random posts where you learn a whole lot of interesting information about people. I shared some of my quirks in my 30 things post back here but there are an endless number of weird things about me and I will share some about Dan too.



First off, chocolate...

I think Dan's number one quirk of all time is that he HATES chocolate. I mean, this borders on a deal breaker for me. It's not that he doesn't care for it, he literally will NOT eat it unless you beg and beg and beg. And when he does he can't tolerate much more than a bite.  For me, I love chocolate but it can't be plain chocolate. I prefer for it to have something else with it like peanut butter (hello Reese's) or caramel, rice krispies, etc. My first choice isn't a plain chocolate bar, straight chocolate ice cream, or plain chocolate cake. I also don't like dark chocolate so I guess you could say I have a cheap chocolate palate.

Coffee..

Dan also hates coffee. I feel like he hasn't really given it a chance so I'm hoping he can be open minded. I love coffee but it needs to have cream or milk and some form of sugar in it (syrup, packet, flavored creamer). Like chocolate, I have a cheap coffee palate. I don't like the taste of expensive coffee, probably because the quality makes it stronger. Give me Dunkin or McDonald's coffee over Starbucks any day. Now, I do like Starbucks but only their sugary drinks. Not straight coffee.

Nails...

I cannot stand the sound of someone clipping their nails in public. Why would anyone do this? I've given some serious stank-eye to people on the subway openly clipping their nails. I have no problem with people doing this in the bathroom where it is appropriate but anywhere else is gross.

Also, I have to have extremely short nails. I can't stand my nails to come above the end of my finger. I basically cut them as short as possible before clipping skin. I don't bite my nails but if I was on a deserted island or surviving a zombie apocalypse without nail clippers, I would take up a nail biting habit in order to avoid long nails.

Other quirky things about me:

I can't sleep in an unmade bed. If the bed isn't made when it's time to go to sleep, I will make it and then get in bed.

I am extremely claustrophobic. Hot and/or smelly and/or dark plus small and/or crowded space is my worst nightmare. Just yesterday I had to get off of a crowded subway in the middle of rush hour because I started thinking about what it would be like if the train stopped moving and the air conditioner turned off (this does happen). Even though I had plenty of breathing space at the moment, the thought alone put me in a panic and I started to freak out. So I got off the train and waited for the next, less crowded one. The ability to breath is greater than getting home on time. 

I clinch my teeth, hard. All.day.long. I don't know when this started or why but I don't even realize I'm doing it until my jaw is sore and my head is pounding.

Lots and lots more but you can read others here.

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100% on the unmade bed! I usually make mine as soon as I get up in the morning but if things happen to be hectic and it doesn't happen I make it as soon as I get home. The thought of getting into an unmade bed at the end of the day gives me shivers.

    Visiting from Show & Tell Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same with chocolate! It's gotta be in combination with something else, like peanut butter. This is why having Reese's pumpkins around is a bad choice for me this time of year!
    The clipping fingernails on the subway is gross! Oh my goodness!
    I love your comment about the bed-making. I always think "The state of your bed is the state of your head" so I have to have my bed made too!

    ReplyDelete