July 7, 2016

Colorado Recap

Wow, June was a milestone low for blogging.  We sincerely apologize.  In many ways the month was incredibly fast and in other ways it felt like an eternity. In a word, it was stressful.

But, we are back from our vacation, back to work, back from sabbatical, and back to unpacking our lives at the new apartment.  It's an overwhelming place to be but we definitely enjoyed our break and are ready to get back to our regularly scheduled programming. Prepare yourself for a blog blitz!  First up, our trip to Colorado!

I'm from Colorado. Did you know that? Well, I am. Born and raised and lived in this lovely house for the first 19 years of my life.


Even though Dan and I have been together for awhile, he had not been to my hometown before so we decided to make it a priority this year.

Mandy and I were scheduled for more twin study testing at the University of Colorado this spring.  See our trip last year (here).  This time it was one day of cognitive tests, questionnaires, and a blood test.  Since she and I get free flights home for these tests we try and plan it so that we can come home together. I brought Dan along this time and we extended our stay to make the most of it!

When we landed in Colorado my Momma and Poppa and Mandy picked us up and we all headed to lunch. Mandy and I have two priorities when we come home: food and shopping. We did plenty of both.

Mandy, Dan and I walked the neighborhood and we showed him all sorts of things from our childhood home.

We got ice cream on pretzel cones...twice...


Played with our sweet old dog, Addy...



Enjoyed lots of my Poppa's barbecue (including ribs and brats) and my Momm's fajitas.

Dan got to go to a Colorado Rockies baseball game with my Poppa and cousin Jon...




Dan got to look at memory books that Mandy and I made in grade school...


We took him to a cool train store...


We saw Finding Dory and got Japanese food.

We did some front porch sitting...


Dan got a fly rod casting lesson from Poppa at the park...


And then he went for real fly fishing the next day while Mandy and I did our twin study...



We did a lot of hanging-out and relaxing and being spoiled by my parents. Plus spending time with my boo bunny, Mandy. I love her so much and I'm so glad she and Dan have fun together too.


We were in Denver for four days and then Dan and I hopped on a plane to Kansas for the second part of our vacation.

But before I report on Kansas, we can't forget our traditional trip favorites:

1) Favorite thing you ate
2) Favorite thing you did
3) Favorite thing you got

Dan:
- Ate: Pretzel ice cream cones
- Did: Fly fishing
- Got: Birthday clothes from Old Navy (my parents gift)

Steph:
- Ate: Poppa's grilled ribs
- Did: laughing so hard I cried while listening to Mandy read her 8th grade essay on what she wanted to be when she grew up (cheer coach, obviously).
- Got: new dress from Old Navy (clearance for $14 woot!)

Tomorrow, I'll recap Kansas.

1 comment: