October 12, 2016

Weekending it - Wedding style

Sorry for that unplanned blog break. Life got crazy and then we were out of town and then the app I used to upload photos to the blog crashed and is now discontinued. Not cool. It took me awhile to figure out another way to get photos from my phone into my posts. I think I'm all squared away now. Phew.

Anyways, this past weekend we had a mini vacation to Kansas for Dan's brother's wedding. We got to stay in a nice hotel with a king size bed, cable TV, and a Starbucks in the lobby. We felt very regal. And although it was a busy weekend with festivities, we had a lot of fun.


A few tid-bits about our trip:

If you are ever in the Philadelphia airport get one of their soft pretzels (not Auntie Annies). They don't look great but they are only $1 (is anything ever just a dollar at the airport?) and they are fantastic. Try it next time and think of us.


Whenever we come to Kansas, Terri Mom and Allen Dan usually take us to Chick-fil-a for lunch and then the outlet mall. This time we decided to treat them to an early anniversary lunch at a barbecue place in Kansas City. You know, Kansas = BBQ. Well, I've never actually had Kansas BBQ so we decided to go for it this time. A woman at church recommended we try Q39 and holy wow it was super yum! GO there! I didn't take a picture because we devoured it entirely.


We spent the rest of Thursday running around doing wedding errands which included Hobby Lobby (aka heaven). 

On Friday we headed back to Kansas City. Dan played golf all day with his brother and the other groomsmen while Terri Mom and I went to a bridal luncheon for Lauren. I only got one picture from the luncheon. A super cute hollowed-out white pumpkin with a floral arrangement.


That night we went to the rehearsal at the church (which was gorgeous) and the rehearsal dinner (which was delicious). Here is a picture of Johnson kids at the rehearsal dinner.



Dan, me, Lauren, and Sam.

Saturday was wedding day!! Let me just say, I loved being a guest at a wedding. So nice to just enjoy the occasion and not fuss over details and all that wedding planning nonsense. At the rehearsal I had memory anxiety thinking about our rehearsal. Lauren seemed much better at embracing her day than I did. Yay for her!

Look at my handsome man in a tuxedo!!


Uncle Willy, Sam, and Dan


I got to hold sweet baby Philip. He is such a charmer.


I didn't take any photos during the ceremony because I wanted to be respectful but it was a beautiful ceremony and seemed to go perfectly from my perspective. Here are some of the details of the gorgeous church.




There was also a life-sized wood carving of the Last Supper. It was unreal and I can't believe I didn't take a photo of it.


The reception was also very lovely. I took some photos but the lighting was rough for my phone so most of the photos are too dark or have major hot spots from the professional photographer's lights. I'm just adding them here for documentary sake.





They had a giant ice sculpture of a Moose with a crazy green liquor concoctions that came out of it's mouth. Very exciting.

Dan and I danced a lot which was loads of fun and I met a lot more people from Dan's family who I had yet to meet. The flower girl from our wedding, Lily, was there with her family and they were all so fun to dance with.


And one last picture of us with the Bride and Groom. I'm looking forward to getting to know both Sam and Lauren more throughout the years. Yay for a new sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment