January 11, 2016

Weekending it

This past week Dan and I have been binge watching the FX Series (we watch it on Amazon Prime) called The Americans.  It's about Russian spies in the 1980s.  Uncle Willy introduced us to it back at Thanksgiving and when we started it up last week we fell hard.  We watched nearly an entire season this weekend.  Our obsession with this show came at a perfect time because I noticed the signs below posted ON OUR BLOCK.


This is the sign you see when something is going to be filmed in the area.  So, they will be filming something for the show this week, literally on our block.  Uncle Willy wants us to get autographs but it's not like the actors are out roaming around.  Even if we get a quick snapshot I'll be happy.

So Friday night we spent watching The Americans.  We woke up Saturday morning and watched more until we had to get up and ready.  We headed out to celebrate the first birthday of this cutie.


Oh my goodness, you guys, this princess was a lil newborn a whole year ago and I can remember holding her in my arms like it was yesterday.


After presents, lunch, and delicious cake we headed over to visit our other friends' to say hi on her birthday and snuggle their nearly two month old baby boy.  I didn't take any pictures because they are super private but he snuggled-up on me and took a nap.  It was bliss.  And we enjoyed catching-up with our friends too.  I miss seeing them as much now that they are parents.

Oh we need a baby.  Oh how we are so far away from that being reality.  Oh how that pisses me off.

We spent the rest of the day and night watching more episodes of The Americans.

Sunday was just bad.  We'll leave it at that.

The Seahawks squeaked out a playoff win, we took a snuggle nap, and I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner.

And now we are at the start of a whole new week.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment