January 15, 2016

Peeks from the Week

Well there is just not a whole lot to share about life lately.  The temps have dropped and we are surely in the winter doldrums but I am hoping we will see some snow soon.  I'm excited for snow, the freshly fallen romantic kind.  I will have none of it the next day when its dirty and gross.

Life seems so odd and upside down right now.  I distinctly sense change.  Bad change.  But I don't know what, how, why, huh?  Maybe I'm just feeling the vibrations of the changes people close to me are experiencing.  Or maybe it's an itch for change.  I don't know, whatever.  Blah.

Anyways, here is what happened this week.  I got a super cute tap shoes ornament from one of my tap classmates.  She hadn't been to class since before Christmas and I was absent the week she handed them out.  But look, so cute!


On Tuesday I had a dentist appointment.  No cavities! Woot.  And the cleaning cost $5!! So despite my gripes about my job and low pay and whatever, dental insurance is nice.

Tuesday night Dan and I got back into our Unplug Night routine.  We had our traditional breakfast for dinner, this week German Pancake, and then listened to the radio while coloring.  We zoned out for nearly two hours and it was bliss.  I took these pictures when devices were allowed at the end of the night.  Dan is working on the city and I did the snowflakes.


Remember on Monday when I mentioned how excited we were to see the show The Americans was filming on our block?  So we went out late on Tuesday night to see if they were setting up yet or what was happening.  Nothing was there and the signs were gone.  Mega frown-y face.  The filming must have been cancelled or the location moved or something but we were super disappointed.  I really wanted a selfie with Elizabeth and Philip. Another sad note, we only have two free episodes left...after that they are $1.99 each on Amazon.  Yeah, not sure we can justify that. 

Wednesday night we had a friend over for chicken pot pie and games.  It was really nice to catch-up with her and build a deeper connection.


Today is Friday!  And I get a three day weekend.  Woohoo!  We have lots of chores to catch-up on tonight and tomorrow but I'm sure we will make time to sleep-in and be lazy.  Dan wants to watch the Chiefs vs. Patriot game on Saturday and I suppose I will tolerate it, although I loathe the Patriots.
 
On Sunday, as of now, we will both get to sit in the adult service together.  I truly do not remember the last time that happened and it will be only the second time I will get to hear our new head pastor preach...he has been here over six months now.  I'm excited.  But I'm keeping a dose of reality handy because the odds of one of us getting pulled to fill-in somewhere is in the realm of 80% likely. 

3 comments:

  1. That ornament is so cute and perfect!
    It stinks that the filming signs were gone. But I really did enjoy reading about how they use the signs to denote the filming area. Each time I visit NYC, I always wondered how they blocked off the area. And it's neat that you have photo proof that they were planning to film there!
    Hope you 2 get to sit in adult service together. Praying for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and on zulilly.com today under the category "dash of whimsy" they have some hedgehog stuff (apron, mug etc) and I had to tell you!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Reba! We did get to be in the service together and it was great! Thanks for your prayers. I've never explored zulily but I might have to now!

      Delete