January 20, 2016

Birth Songs

This is a totally random post but I felt it deeply important to share.

When Mandy and I were little she was extremely possessive of the song "Kumbaya."  She would get super mad if anyone was singing it.  Sometimes I would sing it to piss her off.  She was possessive of the song because she claimed it was her "birth song" - as in the song that was playing when she was born and therefore it was HER song.  A few things with this, 1) I was born approximately 1 minute before her so shouldn't it be my song too? 2) I'm fairly sure that song was not playing when she was born and 3) birth song? what? is that a thing?

Anyways, I thought of this on Sunday when some guys at church were talking about the top billboard songs on the day they were born.  So they looked mine up for me.  August 7, 1986 the number one billboard song was "Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera.  When they told me that I was like who is that? and I've never heard that song.  So I YouTube-d it (what did we do before youtube?)  Well, I do know that song.  It's an epic love ballad and its 8 minutes long!!!  Also, the music video is basically a condensed version of Karate Kid Part II.  It's ridiculous.  Watch it!


Dan's song is "Sussuido" by Phil Collins - July 1, 1985.  But I decided to round down to the last day in June because that song is "Heaven" by Bryan Adams which is also an epic love ballad and I love Bryan Adams.  Did you know he is Canadian?  Listen!


Anyways, Mandy, "Kumbaya" is not your birth song.  If anything, it's "Glory of Love."

Go Google your birth song!  It's fun.  Jessy, I already looked yours up its "Let's Hear for the Boy." 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is hilarious!! My brother and sister are twins and always had the same kind of fights! My birth song looks to be Lionel Richie, Say You Say Me :-)

    ReplyDelete