November 6, 2015

Peeks from the Week

It's November but it's felt like September and I love that.  I got to take my lunch outside three days this week and it did wonders for the stress and annoyances I was feeling inside.



Also, that flock of pigeons was crazy.  I opened my bag of chips and started crunching and out of nowhere the flock lands right next to me.  I put the bag away and they all walked away except for one guy with one gnarled foot.  It was nasty.  I kicked the air and he disappeared too.  Gross. Pigeons in the city are like rats with wings. 

Yesterday it was warm but cloudy and foggy.  If you look closely in the picture below you can see the Statue of Liberty.


The leaves are falling fast so I tried to capture some highlights around the office.




This week we did our first "unplug" night where we turned off the TV and put our phones in another room.  We ate dinner at the table instead of on the couch and then played Scrabble, Jenga, and Mancala the rest of the night.  We really enjoyed the unplugged experience and are going to try and do one every week.  

Also, I just want to say, Dan is a amazing.  He puts up with me for one and he is genuinely the nicest guy around.  He never gets the credit he deserves and I want to raise him up.  This last year at church has been really stressful - losing our head pastor, taking on extra responsibilities in the transition, not being able to hand over those responsibilities, and adjusting to a new head pastor.  All of that coincided with navigating our first year of marriage.

Good jobby Buddy!  I love you.  You're amazing and you're mine.

Happy Friday!  Happy peeks!  Happy weekend to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Dan is one amazing guy! He is so easy to be around- so amiable, is always up for doing new things and yet is one of the most humble people we know. I am very proud to have him as a son in law. What a great help mate and balance to your crazy wacky personality. We love our Daniel-Tiger!

    ReplyDelete