April 6, 2015

Weekending it: Easter edition

On Friday after work I hid some eggs around the apartment and sent Dan on a mini hunt.  I followed this idea which came complete with free printables.  It was a fun, fast, and a cute adventure for him and, of course, he shared the candy with me.



Saturday we slept-in a bit and I convinced Dan to get donuts for motivation.  I set everything up at the dining room table and we sat down and did our taxes all morning.



I have done my taxes all by myself with TurboTax the last five years.  They make it really simple and even get a little cutesy.  


In the afternoon we walked up to 86th Street to get some Easter clothes at the Gap Factory.  Dan got two new springish dress shirts and I got a light pink shirt and flower skirt.


After shopping we rented Intersteller from Amazon.  It was a three hour movie and so complicated but really good.  I prepped the pre-k craft while watching for the next day.


That night we met cousins Kaleigh and Kourtney at the Indian restaurant in the neighborhood.  They treated us to some major deliciousness.  Thanks gals!

Then we stayed up way too late as Dan practiced his sermon.   Since I was in the pre-k class I wasn't going to be able to hear it on Sunday so it was nice to get an idea of what he planned to say.


On Easter morning Dan set off to refine his sermon some more and I baked angel food cupcakes for later in the day.  Then I headed to church and set-up the classroom.  I had planned on going over the Easter story using the classic Resurrection Eggs.  The retention rate in the room extended as far as who got to open what color egg...I still went through every egg and explained everything but I felt a little defeated that none of them seemed to catch the point. 


The Easter bunny conspired against me and had all the kids hopped-up on sugar before class even started.   For the sake of all the time I put into prepping the craft the night before, let's pretend everyone's turned out as nicely as my sample: 


After class I got some baby time.  I told Mandy to caption the picture Dan took:

"I'm gonna take this baby, she's mine now"
That afternoon we were invited to a late lunch at the apartment of a family at church.  All three of their kids are in the youth group and they are just an all around wonderful family that really treat us well.  We had a delicious lunch and I made the angel food cupcakes to share. 


The rest of Sunday was lounged around and tried to recover some energy for the week.  Happy Monday!


For an Easter throw-back, here is what we did last year

No comments:

Post a Comment