April 2, 2015

Every Girl Link-up: Easter Decorating Details

Linking-up with Astleigh and Rachel for Easter touches.


One of my favorite parts of having a larger apartment is the freedom to decorate.  At my little studio I never put out any decor (outside of Christmas).  I simply did not have the space for storing excess decor and honestly I didn't have the space to display anything.  Well!  Not anymore.  Throw garland on all the things!!  Chalk seasonal things on every chalkboard space! Have Mandy send me felties all the time.  Stalk hobby lobby online constantly.  Don't mind if I do.  It's a blast.   

In the beginning of March we didn't have much in the way of decor.  A spring/green striped tablecloth and did some chalkboard art but that was about it. 



As soon as St. Paddy's was over (well before actually) I was itching to get Easter stuff out.  I resisted until two weeks ago and then I Easter-ed up the place.


Changed my season felt wreath for the April felties - cute little bunny. 



I got this Easter sign and the little ceramic bunnies at Hobby Lobby online.  The best kind of decorations are the tiny ones that can be packed-up small and occupy minimal storage space in an apartment. 


I made the spring fabric scrap garland just like I made all the others that have adorned our tv stand.  A quick DIY tutorial is over here.  The adorable felt flower garland is from the one and only Mandy at Hopscotch and Honey.  She spoils me. 


This cute bunny table runner is from TJMaxx last month and I paired it with the light yellow gingham tablecloth from Century 21, a pink placemat, and more ceramic bunnies.  The current candle scent obsession is Smile (pink lemonade punch) from Bath and Body Works - it fills the apartment with feelings of summer. 




I added some spring cheer to the kitchen chalkboard and to the mini chalkboards on the living room gallery wall. 




It feels so nice to have some spring color and rejuvenation to our interior space even though we are still waiting for consistent spring weather.  It will be worth the wait right? 

7 comments:

  1. Your scrap fabric bunting is awesome, Ill have to check out your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! It's super easy give it a try.

      Delete
  2. I love that wreath and the ceramic bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for stopping by and commenting

      Delete
  3. Such cute ceramic bunnies!!!
    I LOVE that felt wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your decor, especially the felt wreath!

    ReplyDelete