January 19, 2016

Weekending it

Three cheers for long weekends, well at least for those that got the extra holiday (sorry Dan). Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!

Sometimes I'm ashamed of our weekends when they slip away with so very little to show.  Saturday dissolved into phone calls, cleaning the apartment, and watching football.  The only item to note is we rearranged our bedroom.  It feels like a brand new room!


On Sunday we were able to sit together in the adult service at church instead of being in with the kids classes.  It was really nice and totally contributed to the positive attitudes throughout the rest of the day.  In the afternoon it snowed!  First snow of 2016 and of the season.  It didn't leave much behind but still exciting.


Sunday night I made baked ziti from the Pioneer Woman cookbook I got for Christmas (thanks mom).  It was super yum and made a ton so I split it in half and put one pan in the freezer for another time.


After dinner we broke down and decided to buy the third season of The Americans on Prime.  I know I said last week I didn't think we could justify $2 per episode but it was only $20 for the whole season.  Mandy reminded me that $20 is the cost of one meal out so we decided to get the season and skip our Shake Shack Thursday.  Also, Mandy is now hooked on this show and she has high standards for entertainment so you should probably get on board too.  If you have Amazon Prime the first two season are free!  Go!

On Monday I got to sleep-in a little and then enjoy some time hanging out with Rebekah and drinking some of her special coffee with frothy creamer.  Yummm.  In the afternoon I went to a Waffle Party!!  It was also super yum and super fun.  There were two different types of waffles and like 15 toppings including homemade blueberry syrup and a cinnamon cream cheese frosting.  Also ice cream.


I had a really great time, at one point I laughed so hard I was crying!  But I missed that Dan wasn't there, he would have had a blast too.  So that night I decided to skip dance and we watched more Americans together.

Now Tuesday is nearly over and that's grand. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your day off with me! I'm thankful for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those waffles look amazing and such a fun idea! Laughing until you cry is a sign of a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those waffles look amazing and such a fun idea! Laughing until you cry is a sign of a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete