April 17, 2015

Peeks from the Week

Happy Friday!!  Isn't it weird when the week goes by quickly but any given day feels like it drags on forever?  That's what this week felt like for me...what? it's Friday, already?  Awesome!

Well, not much happened this week except Dan and I discovered we both have mad pancake flipping skillz.


NOT.  To be fair, these were cornbread pancakes so they are naturally crumbly, we accidentally left the melted shortening ingredient in the microwave (we discovered it a full 24 hours later), and I don't think the griddle was hot enough.  Oh well, we still gobbled them down. 

At work on Tuesday I got to go to an art opening on the 67th floor of 4 World Trade Center.  Crazy gorgeous views.  Sorry the windows were so clean you can see my reflection. 


See that bridge way far out there?  That's the Varrazano Bridge connecting Bay Ridge, where we live, and Staten Island. 


Statue of Liberty on the right.


9/11 Memorial.  This is the only vantage point where you can see the bottoms of the pools.  The odd shaped building between the pools is the museum. 


1 World Trade Center or Tower 1.  The rest of the world calls it the Freedom Tower but no one in NYC calls it that. 


Looking towards Midtown and the Empire State Building. 


The East River with the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Bridge. 

I forgot to mention on Sunday Dan let me get some tulips.  Look how pretty they are in the fabulous vase on that tablecloth!


Also, that vase.  So, my cousin cleared-out the remaining items on our registry...7 months later.  It was a complete surprise to see things arrive at our door that we completely forgot that we requested.  It was like Christmas in April.  The vase pictured above was one of the items. 


This week I have been struggling to satisfy an itch inside my brain to do some apartment improvement projects.  Here is my list:

Bathroom
- Scrub the walls and floor in the bathroom - the entire room is tiled
- Redo caulk around the window and other random spaces
- Somehow figure out how to dust behind the heat pipe
This room causes me a lot of annoyance anxiety starting with the crappy ceiling job.

Spare Room
- Add fun vinyl polka dots to the big wall
- Fix the water damage on the window sill
- Frame the painting and hang it properly?
- Organize craft supplies

Bedroom
- Add coral decor touches (ordered)
- Investigate affordable rugs
- Convince Mandy to make me a coral and blue felt garland for the headboard (requested)
- Hang the full-length mirror (done)
- Gorilla glue the Masonite bottoms of the dresser drawers (done)  

Kitchen
- Finish sewing coordinates

So many projects.  So little time.  Too much TV I'd rather be watching.  

Hope you enjoyed these peeks.  Have a fabulous weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't do the vinyl dots on the wall. I'm speaking from experience. ju-vee

    ReplyDelete