February 16, 2024

Peeks from the Week

Yay, finally Friday! It's felt like a hectic week but I'm not sure why. 

On Tuesday, Kip had a snow day off school and since that's my WFH day, it felt extra special. Dan was the entertainer of the day and Kip and Ivy set a dress code of dark red shirts. We all matched. 




Aunt Judy sent a craftivity for Valentine's Day so I let them open it early. It was an Elmer's glue squishy sorta slime mold things. The kids both really enjoyed mixing the secret solutions and making these little squishy figures. I was impressed and they turned out great! They are already itching to collect other molds. 




There were some YouTube brain breaks and snacks galore. We never ended-up going outside to play in the snow since it was super wet and melted almost immediately once the sun came out. 


Wednesday was Valentine's Day! I love the minor holiday to dress festive and spoil my cuties. They opened their goodie bags first thing in the morning. Just a bunch of candy and some little toys and craft things we'd been collecting since after Christmas. I know it's a bit much but I always remember how my mom would give little goodies on Valentine's day and how special it felt to get that on a random day during the winter doldrums.
 




 

I saw a reel the other day of a young woman talking about how so many girls get depressed on Valentine's day because they don't have a boyfriend or don't get anything romantic when their friends do. This girl was saying she grew up getting little extra expressions of love from her mom so when the holiday came around as a young adult, it was never something she dreaded or felt depressed about but rather a way of recognizing all kinds of love, especially from family. I liked that. Valentine's day can always be special, regardless of relationship status.

Mandy got some great before-school photos of my cuties.



Kip came home from school with his little collection of valentine's from classmates and the Fun Dip hit!

Dan and I are going on a belated Valentine's Day dinner date tonight. Nothing says true love like garlic bread. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment