July 26, 2020

Weekending...Peeks...Life Lately...Whatever

I haven't blogged because there is very little to share. Every day here is the same dang day. We've done absolutely nothing and the summer and my maternity leave are slowwwly slippinggg down the drain of disappointment. If I think too long about what a waste this summer has been I get really depressed. Summer is my season and we have hardly even been outside due to the insane heat waves we've had that run back to back with maybe one day in between. But, it's not like there is anywhere to go anyways. Sigh. The only thing I can be grateful for is that we lived it up so much last summer that I can convince myself, to some extent, that we did enough for two summers.

I barely even take photos since there is so little to document. Here is the minimal amount that we've done.

Helping Dan make dinner.


Ivy had her 2 month well check. She was a charmer and liked the doctor until it was time for her shots. Gosh her cries were tragic. She slept most of the day and had a really fussy period but woke up her cheery self the next morning. Kip was so sweet and worried about her bandaids.


Dan and I forced ourselves outside when the day was a little cooler (like 90 instead of 98). We got bubble tea and walked for a bit in a quiet area. Kip and Dan pushed trains along the benches.


This weekend we went to NJ on Saturday just for anything to do. It was hot. Almost not worth the trip except for Chick-fil-a, some time with Mandy, and Ivy slept well in her car seat.


Ivy is a hand sucker and I think it's pretty cute. Helps on the occasions when no one has free hands to help her with the pacifier.


I don't expect this week to be much to write about/share either. Sorry family and any readers out there. Hope your summer had been more entertaining than ours. Maybe have something more exciting to share next week.

1 comment:

  1. I like your spirit of getting out of the house even if it's extra work. Playing trains along the benches is a great idea! We go for drives too just to get out of our 4 walls & see something different. These times are very weird and it's certainly hard to be a parent of little ones while we navigate what we feel safe doing.

    ReplyDelete