October 7, 2019

Weekending it

On Wednesday it was 90 degrees and today I packed-up all my summer clothes and we will probably take the AC units out of the windows this week.

So yeah, tomorrow is basically January.

Just kidding. But summer is over and that makes me sad. I'm trying to muster some happiness for fall.

On Friday night Dan and I had a date night to see Tootsie on Broadway. It was SO good. It was funny and entertaining. I would say the musical was classic show tune-y in the same vein as most of the old school Broadway shows like all the Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals. A lot of the newer shows these days are pretty contemporary and awesome but sometimes it's nice to have that old style reappear. I highly recommend it and I hope it sticks around for awhile.


This weekend we drove upstate to take fall photos at Boscobel in Cold Springs. It's been a tradition since Kip was born. This was our only free weekend before the tail end of October so we went up hoping to catch the leaves changing. It's a good thing we went because they seemed in some weird place between not-yet turning to nearly past peak. Someone told us it had been really dry up there and the leaves weren't as vibrant as usual but I think it's the most color we've managed to catch in several years.

Boscobel is in the Hudson River Valley across from West Point. These photos don't really show the fall leaves very well at all but trust me, it was lovely. See our other visits to Boscobel here.





Mandy was our gracious family photographer which is a real feat because Kip HATES posing for photos so everything we got was on the sly and therefore a small miracle. And also Kip insisted on holding his toy school bus so, you know, that hunk of metal is a part of the family anyways.

Thank you for your patience Mandy!! I know you claim you won't be available for the job next year but I also know I can bribe you with a bagel.












After manic photos we went to the outlet mall nearby and got Shake Shack. It's such a strange place because it is in the middle of nowhere and yet flooded with foreign tourists. We have no idea how they all get there and why on the earth they would come to America to go to an outlet mall with standard shops. Anyways, three cheers for Dan for being our amazing chauffeur this weekend and all summer long! He really made the wheels turn this season. Ha!

On Sunday Kip went to his Sunday School class for the third time and I left him there. He didn't notice me leave. He didn't notice I was gone. And when I returned he didn't care one bit that I was back. No tears, no nothing. Toys > Mom. Good to know where I stand.

In the afternoon we took him out for Italian cookies to meet-up with some of my friends from grad school who I feel like I see once a year. It was a good little visit and Kip was only a mild wild animal.

Happy Monday! 

1 comment:

  1. The photo of Kip smelling the flowers is so precious!

    ReplyDelete