October 21, 2019

Weekending it

Our go-go-go weekends are slowing to a stop now that the weather is turning cold. All of our fall visitors have also made their way through so we have several weeks ahead with only a few solid plans. I suppose, this is the only thing I sort of like about fall. The slow hibernation.

This weekend I went to New Jersey with Mandy on Friday night for a sister sleepover. Dan treated me to the night away which was lovely. I got to sleep-in a little and chat a lot with Mandy. We went shopping at the mall and had lunch together.

Kip and Dan came over in the afternoon and I got two haircuts. Yep, two.

I went to a Supercuts (bad idea) and asked for a basic straight cut. Nothing special. I should have known there might be an issue with the gal checked me in and couldn't find the letter "J" on her keyboard. I asked for 2 inches cut under chin. This is what I got.


I have never had a bad haircut and I'm not super picky. This was terrible but I didn't say anything to the lady because I felt bad for her (why am I like that??? and I tipped her like 20%). So I went to a Great Clips (also a risk) but fortunately a really nice lady (from Brooklyn!) fixed it for me. She was so nice and I was so glad she fixed it.

After the hair fiasco, we went to a different mall and let Kip ride the carousel and then we went to Red Robin for dinner. He did so well playing with his cars even though it was basically his bedtime. He went on a coin ride and then we headed home. We got Kip in bed two hours later than usual which made for a hairy Sunday but sometimes you've gotta bend a little.



Sunday we were on Tiny Tots class duty. Kip did alright. He participated in the craft for about 1 minute and ran around the rest of the time.



They have a mini bounce house for the kids during brunch and it's mildly terrifying but Kip LOVES it.

It's rainy here now and feeling so deep into fall it's hard to remember it was hot just a few weeks ago. Who all is tired of me complaining about fall already? I am. I'll try to be more positive.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar bad haircut experience where people referred to me as Dora the Explorer. I pinned my hair into a ponytail everyday until I could get it fixed somewhere else (about 5 days later). I should have known something was wrong when the original stylist kept saying "it looks cute right?" as if needing confirmation. Oh it was bad. I'm so glad Kip did well for you while staying up so late!

    ReplyDelete