November 7, 2018

Paint Project

Last October I saw a post on social media of someone doing a "bumpkin" where they painted their baby's bum to look like a pumpkin and then "stamped" it on paper. I thought it was cute. But now I sort of think it's weird. Anyways, it got me thinking about an idea to do a little paint project to get Kippy's hands or feet or some other "stamp" for each month of the year. Just a fun way to document that first year of growth and change.

And somehow, with a lot of help from Mandy, I managed to get something every month! Truly a first child only project. But I'm glad I stuck it out.













I thought about trying to continue this project through to the next year but Kip pretty much fought this "event" every time we did it. The last one in September was his first free sensory finger-paint play and he wasn't a big fan of that either. So, I'm not planning on keeping this project up. I got one year and I'm happy with that. Maybe we will try it again when he is a more willing participant. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, this is the cutest thing! You are so good with these memory-making projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories. . . Memories . . . Memories. I love this Stephanie. Terri Mom

    ReplyDelete