February 19, 2018

Weekending it

This weekend our Saturday playdate plans got canceled so we decided to follow Mandy into New Jersey. Although it costs a leg in tolls to get to her area, it is such a nice escape to indulge in some suburban amenities. Kippy does so well in the car and I enjoy riding around. I swear I'll get back into driving soon. Just so scary when you haven't done it in years and then have to jump into city driving with a brand new car and a brand new baby. Dan is so gracious to do all the driving right now.

While in NJ, we did a bit of shopping, had lunch, and then drove around the neighborhood that Mandy works in the other days of the week when she is not with Kip. Mini mansions.

We headed back to Brooklyn mid-afternoon to drop off something with a friend before the snow arrived. It was supposed to be 3-6 inches but by Sunday morning it didn't look like much more than an inch, if that. It all melted by afternoon.



We had church and grocery shopping on Sunday. Kip took another late afternoon car nap and before we knew it, the day was over.

Dan and I did our taxes Sunday night!!! Glad to get the out of the way and excited for the baby refund. Woot!! Loving watching the Olympics at night right now. One thing I'm a little bummed about is how late the ice skating is on TV. We were in bed and forcing ourselves to stay awake just to see a little of the ice dancing event. I mean, skiing is cool an all but the ice skating is my favorite.

Dan didn't get the holiday today but Kippy and I are being restful and productive. I had to take him into the doctor this morning for some alarming hives he woke up with. Ugh!! No clue what caused them but we are being extra cautious with introducing new foods now. Really hoping he doesn't have a serious food allergy.

The weather is supposed to be lovely this week and I'm grateful for the little taste of spring!!! Happy President's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment