October 20, 2017

Peeks from the Week

This week, Kippy found his hands!



He also had his two month old well check-up. It was the first time I took him to the doctor alone and it was a little hairy. I had him in a coat and the Bjorn carrier and he was restless. Undressing him is hard and of course he had a poopy diaper. He is up to 11 pounds and nearly 24 inches! He got a great report from the doctor and then got some shots.


Oh, my heart! It was so sad to see him scream from the shots. I nearly cried myself. His paci and a good snuggle from me calmed him down and then he napped so sweetly. Fortunately he didn't have any bad reactions and was a happy little guy by the end of the day.




On Tuesday we had the Lactation Consultant come back for a follow-up. We are figuring out the direct nursing but still struggling with oversupply. It complicates a lot of things and the LC said I would probably always have to pump more than a typical nursing mom would because otherwise Kip will continue to be overwhelmed by my let-downs and I risk infection if I go too long between feedings. I just have to keep reminding myself that we are still so new at this and, hopefully, with time we will both be more comfortable. In the meantime, I'm feeding another baby with my donated milk.

There was a dip in temperature on Tuesday and it really felt like fall outside. So I bundled Kippy up in a hoodie and although he wasn't a fan, he sure looked cute.


Then I put him in a hat and mittens!


Gosh, I love walking into the apartment after work and seeing my little monkey. He is usually cranky and hungry but I'm just so happy to see him.


Happy weekend ahead!

1 comment:

  1. He's so cute and that baby hat and mittens are just adorable! I know that the mom of the baby who receives the donated milk is surely happy & relieved. You're a blessing to so many! And you are right- even if babies are cranky, it sure is nice to see them when we get home from work!

    ReplyDelete