June 21, 2016

"I'll get it together, I promise"

We're here. We're alive. Just trying to keep our heads above water and haven't had time to post our regularly scheduled programming.

It's like the Pillsbury Dough Boy said: "I'll get it together, I promise"


June is kicking our booties and the move has been unexpectedly long and difficult. We spent most of the weekend cleaning, painting, and hauling the last of our stuff from the old place and are finally and completely in the new apartment.  Although the new place has been a perpetual mess since last Thursday, when we officially moved in, we are slowly putting things together. I suspect it won't be presentable for company or the blog until late July. Sorry. I know people are waiting. Trust me, no one wants that more than me. Actually, Dan might want it more because until everything is in its place, he has to live with the mess and with me - the most unpleasant person to live with until I regain control of all the things.  

I feel like I need to give our unofficial move sponsors a shout-out. We wouldn't be barely surviving without them.

Lemon iced tea and Orangeade Snapples and the clerks at Best Way Food bodega on our old block. They never once judged us for the amount of sugary liquids and chips we regularly purchased in the last three weeks.


Our granny cart. It hauled WAY more than it was ever made to carry and if it hobbles through the rest of June alive, I shall memorialize it on the blog.


Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It fixed a multitude of sins.

My excessive collection of decorative table runners and dish towels. They made the most effective, affordable, and pretty packing materials.

Uber. I don't want to know how much money we forked over to that company on account of our laziness. In all fairness, we were heavily over-committed to projects and gatherings in not-so-convenient locations and it was a choice between sleep and productivity or riding a train.

And praise for my Handy-Dandy. He spent a whole day last week assembling two large IKEA shelves by himself - all for me. He's my special boy.


Last night we detoured to the pier on the way to my dance class (which was later canceled).


Someone caught a small shark.  I'll just leave that image right here.


And then there was a magnificent sunset on the first day of summer.  We saw our friends on their rooftop so we shouted up to them and they invited us up to enjoy the last drops of the longest day of the year.


We leave Saturday for our trip to Colorado followed by Kansas. I'll try to write some catch-up posts but it might remain quiet here on the blog in the meantime. Sorry. We will be back for good in July.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip! How fun! Moving is always messy and I am like you-- I feel most at peace when everything is put away and I have control over the situation! Sugary drinks and chips are lifesavers during moving time. :)

    ReplyDelete