July 9, 2016

Kansas in black and white

I've said it before, but everything looks more beautiful and romantic in black and white.  Back in college I took a film photography class where we used old large format cameras and learned how to develop the film in a dark room.  It was one of my most favorite classes of all time.  Ever since then, I've really loved black and white photography.  Now it's super simple to turn a photo b/w on smartphones.

These photos are from Kansas in Dan's parent's town and his grandma's property. 












Kansas was surprisingly gorgeous in summer so most of these photos look great in color too but I prefer that nostalgic feeling that black and white gives.

5 comments:

  1. Stephanie, The photos really do show Kansas in the summer. Maybe you should start a photography business (like you have the time)! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AWESOME! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. My favorite is the last one with the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really a quite a talent, aren't you! I would frame these for my home.... maybe a good Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete