February 8, 2016

Welcome back

Hi!  We're back, well sort of.  Sorry for any confusion anyone experienced with the invitation over the weekend to a different blog.  I started a separate new blog to keep private but I agreed that leaving Tons and Bunches entirely was too hard - so much history.  So then I decided to just make Tons and Bunches private and use the new template I bought as a fresh new look.  Going private is definitely not what I wanted for blogging but it's the right choice to make right now.

Now for our regularly scheduled weekending it post!

This weekend was social heavy.  On Friday night Dan went out with this law office boss and I met with a friend for some counsel.  It was a late night for both of us.

On Saturday we met friends at Brooklyn Flea and Smorgasbord.  It's a trendy flea market and food fair type thing which has a few locations.  One just opened up only 5 stops on our local train.  There were a lot of hipsters there and we didn't feel like we fit in but we managed.  We got some tasty food and explored the booths.  The junk toy stall was my favorite.



That night cousins Kaleigh and Kourtney returned to our hood for Indian food.  It was a small celebration for their one year anniversary of moving to NYC.  It was great to catch-up with them, enjoy yummy food, and then they introduced us to a new board game they got called 7 Wonders.


Sunday Dan helped me in my pre-k class and it went pretty well.  We are trying some new things to hopefully help the class time run more smoothly.  After church Dan went to see an ice hockey game at the Barclay's Center and I went home to prep for our Super Bowl Party.

I've never hosted a Super Bowl Party but I think we did pretty good.  I made brownies, rice krispie treats, caramel fruit dip, and a ton of chili. We had lots of chips and dip and tons of drinks including a Champagne punch that a friend made.  We ended up having around eight people come which was a good turnout and didn't feel overly crowded.  So much food was leftover but the game was good and I think everyone had a good time.  I liked the halftime show but the commercials were a little blah.



Yesterday was also my half birthday (and Mandy's too).  Dan surprised me with a half a birthday card and some of my favorite candies.  It's been a really rough week in so many ways and I am ever more grateful to have Dan by my side in life. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the new layout! I'm so glad for your new post! The flea market looks neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reba. You blog friendship means a lot to me.

      Delete