February 19, 2016

Peeks from the Week

Phew!  Friday finally.   Wish this could be me all weekend.


Even though this was a short week it felt long.  On Monday I had so many chores to do because we were too cold and burrowed inside to do anything.  I hauled about 8 loads to laundry down the block and the wheel on our granny cart broke mid journey.  I must have looked pretty pathetic dragging that cart and trying to keep all the bags from falling out.  Eesh

Laundry is a "grass is always greener" situation.  Lots of people hate constant and endless laundry. I would like the option of doing laundry constantly, one load a day no big deal.  Since we are in an apartment we have to take ours to a laundromat and since I don't get home from work until 7 pm we don't have time to do it at night.  So that leaves all the laundry for the weekend.  Yuck.


That night I decided I wanted to cook a real and good meal for us as a surprise belated Valentine's Day treat.  I was so lazy over the weekend that I just made blue box mac for our romantic dinner.  I needed to redeem my wife skills.  So, I walked to the store with our new granny cart.  It was snowing and super slushy but I persevered.  On the way back, a drunk man exposed himself and peed on the sidewalk while yelling obscenities.  Sigh.  Sometimes I hate New York.

I made the Pioneer Woman's chicken Alfredo pasta with her roasted cherry tomatoes recipe and toasted bread.  It was super yum and we had tons leftover for lunches.



Nothing much happened the rest of the week.  The weather is swinging wildly between 30s and 50s.  It's hard to dress in the morning.  This weekend I have a church brunch and then we plan to go to IKEA to get a new work desk for Dan.  I have a fun idea for changing the format of my Peeks post so look for that soon.

Also, I'm not keeping this blog private much longer.  No one puts baby in a corner.

2 comments:

  1. That dinner looks amazing! Your serving dishes are so cute! I stand behind you 100% about how you handle your blog. This is your space on the Internet! You get to decide what to do.

    ReplyDelete