February 15, 2016

Weekending it

This weekend was so cold.  Like a low of 1 degree before windchill.  I had no interest in going outside - so we didn't.

Saturday we stayed in bed really late.  There was no sense in getting ready to go nowhere.  We had leftover pizza in bed for breakfast.


Eventually we got around and played some games to pass the time.  We got invited over to a friends house for dinner so we bundled up and walked the 12 blocks to their place.  It was fun to hang with them and their kids.  Dan and I brought dessert to share.

On Sunday, Valentine's Day, I woke up and there was a cute post-it love letter on the TV.  So sweet.


Church was actually really well attended despite the cold outside.  As a reference for the cold, below is a photo of the inside of the window in our living room.  That is a solid piece of ice on the window sill on the inside.  Quality.


After church Dan and I decided to go out for lunch.  I was craving a burger.  It was great except the inside of the restaurant was so cold.  Even the insides couldn't get warm enough to cut the extreme cold.


Then we delivered a care package to friends who are sleep training their babe this week.  It included dark chocolate, ice cream, ear plugs, and a gift card for a date night once the baby is trained.

When we finally got home Dan presented me with another valentine and my favorite candies.  It was a super sweet surprise.


I failed.  I didn't get Dan anything.  Clearly I'm thriving at life right now.  I made him blue box mac and cheese for dinner? 

I get the day off from work today.   Dan doesn't.  Big bummer.  I've got chores to do all day since I did nothing all weekend.  Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment