September 9, 2014

Happy Date-iversary

So today marks two years since Dan and I decided to start dating.  Although the wedding anniversary is the main thing couples celebrate, we're so new at the married thing that we still didn't want this date to pass without acknowledging it's importance. 

September 9, 2012 was a sunny late summer Sunday.  Dan and I went to Owl's Head Park after church for the sole purpose of talking about whether or not we would start a relationship.  Earlier that week Dan had told me that he "liked" me (read about that here) but I told him I needed time to think about it before deciding.  So we set the date to have a chat.  We found a private bench and discussed expectations and concerns, Dan prayed, and we decided together to give dating a try.

I was so nervous but also giddy excited for something new and something I felt me heart deeply wanted. 

We never looked back.

Tonight we celebrated by going to the local sushi place where we had our first date.  Then we came back to our new home as a new married couple and baked-up a frozen apple pie, because we're classy like that.


Happy two year date-iversary buddy!! I love you tons and bunches

P.S. Dan wrote me a sweet note and drew a little timeline of our relationship.  Things to stash in my memory box.


1 comment: