September 9, 2014

Rehearsal Day

Friday, the day before the wedding, was jam packed.  In the morning Mandy and I woke up early and I watched her work her talented magic and make 100 cupcakes and a small tiered cake for the wedding.  She truly knows her way around baking and has the quantity production down to a science.  I am so proud of how talented she is at baking and the proof is in the tasting.  She made Dan and I a butter pecan cake with a maple buttercream frosting.  Mouth watering. 


It was so awesome to watch her put the tiered cake together and frost it.  My job in all of this was to feed her bites of pop tart and I was not allowed to help decorate, on account of the fact that I do not have skills.  Fair enough.


Meanwhile, Dan was with his brother and one of his groomsmen playing clay court tennis and golf.  Maybe he'll tell us all about it??

After the baking was done Jessy and Mandy and I went to pick-up brudder Josh (Jessy's husband) at the airport and then we had to scurry across town to get to the rehearsal on time.  Fortunately, brudder Josh agreed to handle the music via the sound system and that was a huge relief to me.  Mandy, disapproved of my music choices, however, so we did an overhaul later that night.  Sigh, Mr. Bojangles apparently did not play in the rotation. 

The rehearsal was stressful for me because it felt scramble-y and out of control and my parents were anxious about leaving to get back to the hotel for the meet and greet they had planned.  The traffic was unbelievably bad so there was a lot of nervousness about that and people getting stuck and late.  

At the meet and greet, most of the out of town friends and family gathered for some light refreshments.  It was a really nice opportunity to say hi to everyone and visit for a bit since Dan and I did not get much of a chance at the wedding.

I'm sorry for the lack of photos in this post but I was so busy I completely forget to snap some shots with my phone.  

After the meet and greet, the wedding party headed to Jim & Pete's for the rehearsal dinner.  It was pretty crowded in the restaurant but the food was great.  I loved loved loved the roasted potatoes.  Could have eaten those all day.  Yumm.

The day was full and busy and left Dan totally exhausted.  Had to throw a sleepy face in there!  Such a cutie.


2 comments:

  1. Mr bojangles did play, it was on the play list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday was a crazy day. Mandy thanks for all your work with cakes and decorations. The cake was delicious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete