September 19, 2014

Wedding Day wrap-up

After everyone was finished eating and the toasts had been shared, Dan and I cut our cake.  I mentioned before that Mandy made our cake and it was the cutest most delicious thing ever.  Yum!!

 

Then Dan and I had our first dance.  About a year ago we started taking swing dancing classes in the city for fun and then stopped last December because our schedules got crazy.  This past summer we ordered an instructional DVD to help reignite our skills.  We never opened it.  Then, approximately five days before the wedding we decided to "choreograph" our first dance.  We fiddled around in the living room deciding what to do and practicing some.  Three days later we practiced again and did a pretty good job that we were feeling confident.  Then we didn't practice again, ever, until we did it live on the dance floor.  Gulp.


I was pretty sure it would be a disaster but it ended up being pretty cute.  We had "Hold On" by Michael Buble to start and it was the typical slow dance and then about halfway through that song it blended into "Everything" by Buble which is a fast song that we added the swing elements to.  Mandy got some video of it which I am posting here for memory sake.  The commentary in the background is courtesy of my adorable sisters.  It's my favorite part.


So there you go, not fancy, sorta silly, but perfectly us.  I loved how the skirt on my dress spun out when Dan twirled me.  It felt so princess-y.

After the first dance we did the father-daughter and mother-son dance which we decided to do together so that none of us felt awkward.  My Dad is a pretty great dancer so I was a bit intimidated especially because he is very confident and I have a hard time being the follower.  But he was relaxed the whole time and I liked having that moment with him.

Then the dance floor opened for the guests and it was fun.  Although our wedding was only about 75 people and many of them were not the dancing age or type we still had a crowd on the floor for a few songs.  Dan and I requested a lot of the music from our parents' generation like The Archies, and Temptations but we also had some Gaga and MJ in there too.  I loved dancing with my sissies and Dan was  pretty rockin' too.  The hit was my mom and her friends tearing it up like it was 1972 and when Mandy and I had the dance floor to ourselves doing a little number on the fly that she made-up. 


Everything ended around 10:00 pm as we expected it would based on the average age of our guests.  We were cool with that because it had been a long day and both Dan and I have trouble being "on" for too long with so many people.

After we cleaned-up, Mandy drove Dan and I to a Hyatt Regency hotel for the night that my parents treated us to (our original plan was to just stay with Mandy).   The room had a smart mirror with a digital clock and weather display inside of it!  Also the television said "Welcome Daniel Johnson" when you turned it on.  Crazy awesome.  

And the next morning we woke-up a married couple so we got  McDonald's breakfast.  What else?

No comments:

Post a Comment