April 22, 2014

Wedding planning details update

So some things are coming together. (sorry the photos are sort of blah)

Last weekend the invitations arrived.  They are perfect.  It will be a fun assembly-line weekend activity to put everything together.


We found, ordered, and picked-up the flower girl dress.  Cute!  We're hoping it's simple enough that she can wear it again.


And last but not least, the slow boat from China arrived with the dress!  It's a wonder it even got here because the address on the package was this:

Stephanie Schmeling
c/o Stephanie Schmeling
Brooklyn, NY 11209

I requested that it be sent to the mail center which has the 11209 zip code.  Instead it somehow ended up outside my apartment door...zip code 11220.

When I opened the package I was a bit confused and worried because the fabric was very "slippy" feeling and there was no flower accent on the waist.  Luckily the dress was just inside out so the slippy part was actually the slip (which is under the petticoat).  I tried it on and it fit perfect.  The top has some sort of form which holds the shape of the chest and makes me feel like I'm wearing a corset which is kinda cool.  I felt very...how should I say..."held together."

The twirl is amazing.  I felt like Anna from the King and I when she sings the "Getting to Know You" song and all the children come and sit on the skirt of her dress.  If you don't know what I am talking about watch this...especially around the 4:20 mark.  *~ my cup of tea ~*

Dan saw me in the dress...well, because I needed someone to zip it up and because he was there and because we aren't superstitious.  Also, I hope to look entirely different on the actual wedding day.  I had just gotten back from tap class so my hair was a mess and I had blah for a face.  But since I know you are all curious here is a slightly yucky picture...but you get the idea.  


Later this week Dan and I are traveling to Chicago to do some fun stuff like the tasting, see the reception venue, make some decorations, try the rehearsal dinner place. YAY!  3-day work week and some fun time seeing Mandy, my mom, and g-ma.  

1 comment: