April 21, 2014

Hip Hop Happy Easter

Yesterday was a beautiful Easter...the weather was sunny and warm and the trees started budding overnight.  It looks like winter might be really officially on its way out!

Usually Dan and I don't get to be in the church service together simply because we have a lot of other responsibilities and either I'm in the youth or pre-k class or Dan's subbing for someone in the elementary class or down in the gym with the youth.  BUT we were super fortunate to get to be in Easter service together and it was very nice. 

After church and tear-down we did our usual Sunday tasks: grocery shopping, lunch, tv and/or naps, we did some drawing, called people, and then we took on the monumental task of making Easter dinner.

In the past we've been invited to places where the people have real kitchens and they whip up ham and all that stuff no problem.  Since we had no invites and Dan requested mashed potatoes, I decided to make ham steak and a creamed corn casserole and gravy for the masher taters.  My little rinky-dink kitchen is not designed to cook multiple things at once and it was a mess.  I was whisking gravy at the same time as minding the ham in the pan.  The corn casserole was in the oven, the timer going off, and the potatoes were over boiling.  I was barking at dan to "cut this" "pour more milk" "grab that plate" "I need help!" We agreed it was an intense 20 minutes when everything decided to be done at once and I was so glad Dan was there to give me his helping hands.


Generally I enjoy dishes but not when every single pan is dirty and we didn't have time to tidy as we cooked.  I cannot wait until we get a place together with a real kitchen and serve Easter dinner on serving plates and have a gravy boat.  So until then, Happy Easter from the closet kitchen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment