December 7, 2013

Dating in NYC so many awesome/romantic things to do!

As everyone reading this blog knows, we have been dating for awhile.  One year and three months on December 9th, 2013.

To review, here are a few of the great and romantic places we have visited in the last year and three months.

In April 2013, we went to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.  My first trip.  And it was an awesome experience.  Who knew Brooklyn could have such a beautiful place.  It is right next to Prospect Park and we went at the start of the Cherry Blossom bloom time.  We saw so many different types of trees and flowers it was beautiful and things are always beautiful when Stephanie is with me.  We walked the whole area and even went to the conservatory which had plants from desert and jungle climates.  Hopefully we will get to go back next time when the roses are in full bloom!


In July we had a fun summer day that included going to the Brooklyn Bridge waterfront area and riding the carousel.  It was fun and the views were great!  


We then went into the city for a little while.  If I remember right, we did some shopping and then went on a boat ride/cruise around Manhattan.  The boat ended up leaving really late which was super annoying but the views were great and a great experience for us to share.  



The last one that I want to mention right now is Stephanie's birthday back in August.  Her birthday was on a Wednesday.  I had mentioned to her that we would do something after work that night; however, I didn't exactly tell her what we would do.  She texted me saying something like where are we going on Wednesday night, I responded we are going to 42nd Street.  Stephanie then texted me back "are we going to Dave and Busters?" and I responded if it was my Bday maybe but give me a little credit.  

So anyways we met up after work and then went to 42nd Street Bryant Park.  It was a nice day and we sat down on one of the benches.  I gave her presents and in that box was what we were going to do that night.  So she opened the box and there were tickets to Phantom of the Opera.  Stephanie was very surprised and happy.  Hard to be much more romantical than tickets to see Broadway show Phantom of the Opera!  I was proud of myself because I remember from a time in June when we watched the movie of Phantom of the Opera on Netflix and Stephanie said she had never actually seen the show on Broadway.  So I tucked that away and found a good time to use that information!   


Well those are a few romantic things we did in New York in 2013.  Obviously there are more but those are a few that we got to share together!   Love you Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment