December 11, 2013

Sous Chef Dan

On nights when Dan and I hangout, I do most of the cooking, which I like.  Although I don't have a very big variety of dishes I like having someone to cook for and it is so much easier to cook for four instead of one (I say 4 because we both have the appetite of 2 people).   Once I get a bigger kitchen and more cooking accessories the repertoire of dishes will most definitely expand.

Anyways, on occasion Dan will help me cook by being a reliable sous chef and chop vegetables, shred chicken, or grate cheese (he's real good at grating cheese).  At first he was quite timid about chopping but now he is a pro.  The key is not everything has to be uniform, it all ends up in the same place!


After Dan got comfortable with the sous chef role he told me he would cook for me!

And then he forgot, twice.

But behold! One night I came back to my place and there he was cooking away at the stove.  I was shocked.  When he said he would cook I expected blue box or pb&j but instead he was slaving over a pan of cheeseburger macaroni! And it was delicious (I had never made or eaten hamburger helper, now it's a common dish at my place).   



Funny though, I looked at my computer moments after I took the picture above and he had Googled "how to cook ground beef."  :o)

I see a bright future for sous chef Dan and perhaps some day he'll advance to scratch cooking.  But for now I'm more than happy with his grating skills and Hamburger Helper.

Conquering the Pot Pie (i made it)

No comments:

Post a Comment