December 30, 2013

Let the wedding planning begin!

I have discovered that one surefire way to scramble my brains and leave me on the brink of tears (or overflow) is wedding planning.  Dude, guys, it's no fun.  Other people have too many opinions and I care too much about what other people think about our choices, it's a problem. 

Although we have only been engaged for a little over a month, the pressure is on and people keep asking what's the date.  So, alright already, we'll start getting around.

While we were in Chicago for Christmas we looked at Mandy's church as basically the only ceremony option we had in mind.  We sorta kinda got approval in passing so we are going ahead with that location, still no date.  So Sorry I didn't get a picture of the sanctuary all spruced up for the holiday maybe Mandy can get one for us??  You can visit the website here and peruse the gallery for photos of the space.

It really is a lovely building and beautiful sanctuary.  Thanks to Mandy for offering the suggestion and being so willing to share her church home.  The added bonus of it being where my parents were married is a nice plus. 

As for the reception, we don't have one yet.  It's a sore spot.  Don't ask.

But I did get this handy binder for Christmas so at least we can say we started planning.  I am much more comfortable making small decisions like flowers (pink stock) and favors (custom squished pennies), but those are still important so I am counting it as planning progress.


As for Dan in all of this?  He is a rock for which I am eternally grateful. Thanks Buddy.  His calm spirit and always level headed and realistic outlook is a wonderful grounding force in all of this.  In time it will be fun, at least I can hope.

Oh, and our baker, the wonderfully talented Mandy, gave us a little taste test at Christmas.  I think I can say we both enjoyed it.  Butter pecan cake with maple frosting.  Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment