December 9, 2013

Starting a Tradition

This weekend I went with my friends Julia and Anna to visit our  friend Amber in Connecticut.  We hadn't seen her in a year and we missed our Amber love so the quick trip was a real treat.  We did what all girls do best:  SHOP, at a real mall.  I love going to malls espcially because it is so nice to go to stores that aren't crazy crowded like most stores in Manhattan and because you can actually find things because the merchandise isn't thrown around the store like a tornado blew through it.

One of the stores we went to was called Christmas in Connecticut.  It was basically a holiday pop-up with lots of ornaments to get personalized.  There was a whole wall of ornaments related to life moments, like a new house, a new baby, marriage, etc.  I wanted to find an ornament for Dan and me to start a tradition of getting a new ornament every year.  There were cute ones of couples skating, kissing, getting married.  There were animal couples like penguins and snowmen.  I was having a hard time picking one that was cute and not marriage specific since we aren't married yet.  Then I found the perfect one!

Here's to life moments, a new tradition, and the hope of having a full-sized tree next year to put it on.  So excited!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment