November 25, 2013

Tid Bit Texts

I like things streamlined, uncluttered, and organized.  But I also love history, old things, and hoarding memories.  Uncluttered and hoarding don't really go together but I think I've managed a balance.

Since I was little, I've kept small photo or shoe boxes that I fill overtime with little keepsakes like birthday cards, notes, playbills, tiny things I find and other items that trigger memories.  Over 27 years I have quite a few boxes.  Some are stored under my bed at home in Denver and I've accumulated a collection in NYC.

Now that a lot of things are digital it is getting more difficult to capture some of these memories.  I've become mildly obsessed with using the snip-it tool on my computer to grab screen captures of ecards (see here) or facebook posts (see here).

Immediately after Dan and I started dating, I wanted some way to remember some of the sweet exchanges we shared via text messages.  So I started a Google Doc and I copied down the more special digital conversations.  I figured I would just have them always to look back at and smile at some of those early moments.  Now that we have this blog I can share them here! I have more than 8 pages so I'll just share a few for now. 

9/11/12
Dan: I had a great time tonight.  It’s fun to have dinner with a wonderful person.  I like spending time together with no church meeting or lesson to write.

Steph: I agree.  I had a great time too.  Thanks for being so sweet.

Dan: I’m glad you had a good time too!  More dates to come! You are very sweet as well and have been for a long time! Have a good night.

---------------------------------


10/10/12
Dan: Oh I forgot to say you looked pretty tonight.  I enjoy getting to walk, talk, hold hands, and put my arm around such a wonderful person tonight

Steph: Me too.  It seems too good to be true

Dan: Well it is true.  Not a dream as far as I know lol. I agree it has been good & I'm excited to see how the adventure goes in the time ahead.  First month and a day has been pretty awesome.

----------------------------------
 
1/27/13
Dan: Made it back to my place.  Thanks for a wonderful evening and for being my girlfriend

Steph: Thanks for giving me a chance to be your girlfriend

Dan: I wish I wasn’t a bonehead and had my life together earlier.  You are worth it and I’m glad I finally noticed and took the risk to ask you to be my girlfriend

Steph: God has perfect timing

Dan: Can’t argue there.  God is pretty good.

----------------------------------


3/5/13
Dan: I miss your smile & how you always brighten my day

Steph: I miss your hair, tiny fuzzy ear, your strong hugs, and sweet kisses, how you make me feel special and always put me in a good mood.  Also, chocolate

Dan: I miss snuggling, getting to put my arm around you, kisses, playing games, you making me feel so spoiled & cared for, back massages and tickling you even though you start it first : )

---------------------------------

6/10/13
Steph: take me to Kansas with you.  I’ll sleep in a wheat field and be no trouble at all

Dan: Well that might be an expensive last minute plane ticket

Steph: Fine then I will just take my scooter

Dan: My transporter would be faster. lol

Steph: Nah Mandy and I decided to fall off the grid together.  Erase our identities and disappear

Dan: That’s not fair to me.  I want to be with you

Steph: that can be arranged 

-------------------------------------


 

No comments:

Post a Comment