December 10, 2013

Meet the Parents

Memory rewind post!

So October was meet the parents month.  Dan's parents, Terri and Allen, came to NYC October 17th - 20th, and then my parents, Barb and Al, came just four short days later on October 24th - 27th.  It was an overwhelming month to say the least but overall painless (unlike the movie).

Before Dan's parents arrived, I was terrified to meet them.  Not because I thought they were scary but because I wanted them to like me and consider me good enough for their son.  Dan had to meet me outside of the restaurant before I met them because I was so nervous and so scrambled eggs brain that I got lost trying to find the restaurant.  Of course I feel silly about it now because there was nothing to worry about but in the moment the feelings were intense.

We had a good time while they were here.  They tried Indian food for the first time and we went to see a show on Broadway.  Dan got tickets for all of us to see Jersey Boys on Saturday afternoon and then we went to a really yummy and fancy Swedish restaurant after the show.



That weekend also happened to be the "incident" with Puddles.  Apparently he went missing in Dan's apartment and I thought he might be gone forever.  Luckily Dan's mom helped him find him and make an adorable permanent home so I wouldn't have to threaten for sole custody ;o).


When my parents arrived we met Dan at the local Thai restaurant for the first "meet." I don't think he was nearly as nervous as I was about meeting his parents.  While they were here we took them to Boscobel and Cold Springs right when the leaves were turning.  It was really pretty.


On Sunday my mom and I went shopping while Dan hung out with my Dad (he can post about that if he wants).  That night my Dad made pulled pork in my tiny oven and my mom made apple crisp.  We watched football and basically made a mess of my apartment with four adults, a blow-up mattress, a couch bed and a bunch of luggage. That weekend also happened to be the Halloween party with the youth group so my mom took a picture of Dan and me in our costumes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment