April 18, 2022

Weekending it

Happy Easter Monday! 
 
I hope you had a nice weekend. It was a little chilly here but we didn't let that stop our plans.
 
On Friday, Dan and I both got off work a little early and had a little date. Mandy has been telling us to take a date for awhile but it's tough on a weekend when all dates turn into errands. Since Dan and I were both in the city, it made an outing a little more date-like. Dan picked me up at my office with my favorite bubble tea in hand! 
 
 
We walked along the Battery Park Esplanade and caught some sights of spring and dodged droves of tourists who have finally returned to the city in masses. Ugh.
 
 
We grabbed some cookies at Insomnia to bring back to Mandy and then took the ferry over to the outlet mall in Staten Island. We did some shopping and then got Shake Shack burgers for dinner which we enjoyed outside in the sunshine. 
 
 
We had a great time and it reminded me of the old days. Thanks for the push, Mandy!
 
On Saturday we did mostly errands. Kip went to swim lessons and we spent the afternoon outside. Ivy is getting so bold at the playground. This summer will be so fun for her!
 



 
Easter Sunday the kids got up bright and early and opened their Easter baskets. Kip was a little disappointed about the lack of trains but he managed to rebound okay. 
 


 
 
We finished more chores in the morning, Dan listened to the service, and in the afternoon we had friends over!
 
Kip's little pal from school lives really close and her mom is my room-mom friend. Plus they used to live in Brooklyn, so we all have a good bit in common. The kids colored eggs and we did an egg hunt in the yard. The kids had a blast and the adults enjoyed chatting. 
 








 
I made a charcuterie board for snacks but it was barely touched which bummed me out but oh well, it looked pretty.
 

And we ended the night with a delicious Easter ham and sides made by Mandy. I'm bummed I didn't remember to take a family photo but overall it was a great day.

Easter certainly isn't what it used to be and in some ways that makes me sad, but I trust we will find our place when the time is right.
 
Kip is off for Spring Break this week so we have a few fun things planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment