February 7, 2022

Weekending it

We had a lovely mellow visit with Marmee this weekend. It was really cold and windy out so we didn't do much but played inside and enjoyed each others company.













Snuggles and dress-up. Crafts and movies. Making messes and lounging.

No visit from Marmee is complete without a trip to Target and picking out a toy...or two. Kip has mastered the art of persuasion and managed to rake in a mini haul. Mandy and I requested our childhood favorite homemade lasagna which we haven't had since my mom made it when I came home from the hospital after delivering Kip. It was delicious and I took no photos of it before it went into my belly.

Thanks for coming Marmee!!

Now we are headed into a week of minor celebrations around here. Today is Mandy and my half birthday and Kip served us plastic cupcakes from his play kitchen. Kip went to school willingly and happily which is really a huge Monday victory. Kip's half birthday is on Thursday and Valentine's is next week. This is what we do in February - survive one step at a time until Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment