February 18, 2022

Peeks from the Week

Recap of the last week.

Kip got a haircut on Sunday. I'm getting more confident with what to ask for and paying attention to how it's done so I can do trims at home on occasion. Kids haircuts are expensive, especially at kid focused salons with all the special gimmicks like car chairs, tvs, and overpriced toys at checkout. But, Kip likes going so I'll probably still take him here.

Monday was the Valentine's celebration at Kip's school and they decorated their valentine boxes, had an ice cream party, and did some fun 100 day activities. Kip came home with a box filled with treats.
 



Kip's teacher had the kids do a little keepsake craft with questions to answer. Look at what Kip had to say.

It is hilarious and mortifying since it makes me sound really inappropriate! I do not take baths with him. And special time is when he and I play just us while Ivy is napping. I emailed his teacher to clarify some things and thank goodness, she wasn't alarmed by any of his responses. Geez, kids say the darndest things.

Mandy gave Dan a mini Lego set for Valentine's Day and Kip and Dan had fun putting it together.

Ivy turned 21 months old! See that post here.

I was hoping our bathroom would get finished this week but that didn't happen. So I'm focusing on sprucing up our closet in the meantime. I painted it last weekend (ugh!) and worked on wallpaper liner for the shelves this week after the kids were in bed. Maybe, fingers crossed, the bathroom will be done by March?

Kip has four day weekend for President's Day/mid-winter break. He is getting really into his crafting and loving his little desk in his room. We are going to take him to Hobby Lobby this weekend to get some more supplies for inspiration. 

Happy holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment