December 4, 2020

House Tour - Living and Dining Room + Christmas Decor

Happy Friday!!! 

Today I'm sharing our living room/dining room which is the main floor of the house and hub of the home. It took us awhile to get everything situated in this space since we had to wait on the couch to arrive and then coordinate an electrician to do some work. But it's finally done and everything is mostly in it's place. Now you get to see the reveal WITH Christmas decor! What could be more merry? 








I think one of the best features of this house is the number of windows and natural light that floods this main floor. Coming from an apartment that faced a wall, we had very little natural light that was coming through dirty screens and dirty windows. This living room has been so refreshing. So much light plus being able to see trees and squirrels running around. 

We have a small entry space where we put hooks for coats and there is an entry cabinet that is directly across from the front door. I think eventually I'll put a gallery wall on that big empty wall.

The couch is directly across from the gas fireplace which is the central feature of the room and a real treat for us. We had the television mounted above and Mandy and I have had a lot of fun decorating the mantel every month. 

It's the perfect place for our stockings! Terri Mom got us all these embroidered stockings from Land's End and I snagged one for Mandy too. This is my favorite part of the Christmas decor.





Next to the sliding doors to the patio is where we've set-up most of Kip's toys and where there is perpetually a train set-up of some kind. I couldn't even move it for these photos or there would have been some big feelings from Kip about that. This is our life these days so it might as well be present in the photos. 


 
The shelves above his play kitchen are where we've got most of the Christmas books for the month. 
 
The other books are on the shelves above Kip's little "school table" in between the living room and dining room.
 



 And now the dining room!






All of the decor on the sideboard was intended for the mantle but the television was too low to accommodate the sign so we moved it all over here and it works perfectly.



I hope you enjoyed a peek of this space. We all love this floor and were basically sold by it. I like that the dining room and living room are "open" to each other but the first floor isn't entirely open concept and the kitchen is a somewhat separate space. I think over time there are some minor improvements we will work on (like refinishing the floors) but for now it's in great shape and the perfect size for us.

I'm not an influencer so I can't link to anything but if you want to know where something came from just comment and I'll let you know. All the Christmas decor is from Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Target (or gifts from people). 

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The natural light is AMAZING! I love all of the themed books. Your decorations go with your space perfectly. I'm so happy for you to celebrate Christmas in your first home!

    ReplyDelete