September 9, 2020

Peeks, weekending, where are we???

Coming back up for air and a quick update so that time doesn't continue to get away from me. 
 
It's September now. Summer is unofficially over. Whatever summer was, I'm not sure. This past week was really insanely busy and stressful but today things feel better. I got over a big hurdle. I had to get back into driving this weekend (I think it had been 7 years since driving alone and at least 2 years since driving at all). Yesterday I drove in heavy traffic on the NJ Turnpike and returned to work in-person for the first time since March. I only have to go to our off-site storage facility on occasion but it was yet another adjustment. 
 
We are nearly finished setting-up the house and I'm excited to share it more soon! Mandy moves in this coming weekend!
 
We didn't do anything special over our holiday weekend, just enjoyed the extra time to get things done with three adults to tag-team with the kids. 

On Saturday morning, Dan and I took Kip and Ivy to the little beach in our neighborhood. We were meeting friends from Bay Ridge that came for a visit. We wore masks and kept apart which was tough but it was great to finally see friends and for Kip to play a little. 




 
Even though we tried to keep the kids masked and apart...Kip ran up and grabbed hands. 
 


On Sunday we did a birthday family zoom call for my mom's 70th birthday! Kip stole the show with all his antics.
 
 
Monday morning I did my first solo drive to test my route for work and Mandy assembled a little picnic water table that my parents got Kip for his birthday. In the afternoon we enjoyed sitting in our yard and playing!! It was finally not so hot and humid.
 




 
Then Dan grilled hot dogs for our farewell to summer dinner. They were so good!!! I'm excited to have grilled food whenever we want!

This is a crazy week for me at work so I'm taking a breath and going back down again for more deep diving in the depths of this wild year.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you during these big adjustments and transitions! I'm SO happy for your house & your yard & grilling & the nearby beach & for Mandy moving in! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete