May 7, 2020

Quarantine Crafts

We've gotten a little crafty during quarantine.

I did this little Hedgehog watercolor kit that Terri Mom got me and paired it on the wall with a Brooklyn Bridge embroidery kit I did that Mandy gave me.


Dan's Aunt sent us this idea she saw online. I adapted it for the four of us + baby and I added it to Kip's little memory album with all his finger/foot paint projects from his first year. It's uncomfortable to have to document this time but I'm glad we are all together and made the best of the circumstances as much as possible.


Mandy made Kip a little paper road which he has played with for several weeks now.


Kip and Dan made paper crowns one day.

We saved all of our toilet paper and paper towel rolls for a several weeks and had Kip paint a few one day. Never mind how long it took for these kid paints to come in the mail! Sheesh, I'll never take actual Prime Shipping for granted again.



My idea was to take the rolls and make a matchbox car ramp. It didn't really work very well and held Kip's attention for about 2 minutes.

Mandy adapted the rolls to make a ball run instead and used some felt balls she had. It worked much better and was played with for a good bit before we tossed it as junk.


Mandy made our rainbow heart window which has brought much cheer to me while I work and stare out the same window every day.


But our primary crafty entertainment during this time has been coloring books! Mandy brought her markers and coloring book collection with her when she came to stay with us. We've enjoyed many afternoons coloring and finished several books and bought several more. It really helped me to relax and not focus on the chaos and scary things around us. Kip even joined sometimes.







The markers we use are Crayola Pip Squeaks. Get yourself a box!

No comments:

Post a Comment