January 1, 2020

Pre-Christmas Weekending it

Back to Life
Back to Reality

Happy first day of 2020! So far it feels exactly like 2019 except that I have no more "holiday" excuses to not get stuff done.

The Christmas decorations are all put away and Dan just hauled the futon in Kip's room up to our neighbors so we can make room for a big boy bed! Potty training prep is underway and we have loads of stuff to accomplish in this new year.

Today I'm recapping part one of our Christmas festivities and tomorrow I'll recap our Christmas in Colorado. Next week look out for my widely anticipated (ha - not) 2019 Broadway in Review and my 20 Week Pregnancy update. Halfway already!! Then I'll try my best to get back on the consistent blogging bandwagon after the late December break.

New year, new me! Just kidding. It's the same old lazy bag of bones.

Anyways, since we always travel for Christmas, we typically do a little pre-Christmas morning here in Brooklyn to exchange our own gifts and open presents from the side of the family we are not seeing that particular year. Now that we have Kip, and Mandy stays the night, it really does feel like a Christmas morning. Kip "gets" presents now so he was thrilled to open everything.






















Kip got a diaper bag and bottles for his baby doll from Dan and me (we had Santa gifts for him in CO). A Green Toys doll house and Magnetic tiles from Mandy. Grandma and Grandpa got Kip a table easel with art supplies and a Mega Blocks tractor. Aunt Kandi, Aunt Judy, Uncle Willy, and cousins Kaleigh and Kourtney got Kip is own set of Magic Tracks and cars. He LOVED everything and was thoroughly entertained by all of it.

Mandy, Dan, and I exchanged gifts and Dan and I opened presents from his mom and dad as well. We all got spoiled. We made a yummy breakfast and then played all day. In the afternoon we put together the Gingerbread Train from Kansas and attempted to decorate it with Kip. He was only mildly interested in just the sprinkles so Mandy and I did most of it.



That night we planned to go see the Dyker Heights Christmas lights but none of us wanted to forfeit our parking spots (Brooklyn priorities) so we skipped this year. On Sunday morning we got up and headed to the airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment