September 10, 2019

Weekending it

This weekend we had Marmee and Poppa visiting! They arrived Friday afternoon and hung out with Mandy and Kippy.



It was my mom's birthday so we ordered some yummy Italian food for dinner.

On Saturday, Dan and I had tickets to the US Open which was planned before my parent's trip was scheduled. But, no problem...we headed to Queens and they went to the park and got ice cream sundaes with Mandy and Kippy.



Dan and I watched the mixed-doubles final.



Then I got to watch one of the junior's quarterfinal matches on one of the smaller courts. I really liked seeing this game up close. These girls were powerful! Unfortunately the American girl lost but she played really well.


We had to wait around a bit before the Women's Final which is what we came to see. Even though our tickets were for 12 pm, the match didn't start until 4 pm. But the weather was great and the US Open grounds are really swanky.



When Mandy and Jessy bought Dan these tickets for his birthday we didn't know who we would see in the final so it was a fun surprise to get to watch Serena Williams again. She played 19 year old Canadian Bianca Andreescu.



It was a good match but we left before it ended because we wanted to beat the 15,000 other people in attendance back to the parking lot. Serena ended-up losing but she still played great.

That night my parents went to see Book of Mormon on Broadway for my mom's birthday. I haven't seen that show yet but my mom has been wanting to see it for years. They enjoyed it!

On Sunday we took the subway into the city and they went to an exhibit at the Jewish Heritage Museum while I took Kip to the sand park by my office.



Yesterday we hung out with Marmee and Poppa before they headed home. So sweet Kippy now says "mermee and poppa" and asked me "where ya go?" when they left. Great little visit! Thanks for coming mom and dad!!




1 comment:

  1. My mom's birthday was last Friday too! I'm so glad your parents can come for visits pretty regularly! How fun! And so sweet that Kip is saying their names!

    ReplyDelete