May 3, 2019

Storytime

I thought I remembered writing a blog post when Kippy was a tiny guy with pictures of Dan reading him books.  I found it!

Storytime from October 2017. See baby cuteness here.

When Kippy started walking around and really playing he lost/never got a real interest in reading books. I know some kids are obsessed with books and want you to read them particular ones over and over and over and over. Kip isn't really like that. He has a few favorites but rarely wants you to actually read them to him, he just likes to look and flip pages.

About a month ago, we stopped letting Kip watch TV when he first gets up in the morning and now Dan will read a few books to him. He likes it okay. And we do bedtime stories sometimes as well. He has access to a ton of books and will pull them off the shelves and flip through a select few but the interest in storytime is slow. Dan even stopped taking him to the storytime event at the library because Kip just tries to leave to play with the train table.

But we keep reading to him and I think we're slowly getting there. I hope he grows into an interested reader because I'd love to read chapter books with him and share some of my favorites.




No comments:

Post a Comment