June 14, 2018

Father's Day

Just popping in here, ahead of Father's Day, to share some pictures of my two favorite guys.


























Dan is such a loving and attentive father. While he may have had to learn a lot in the early days (he had never held a newborn or changed a diaper to his knowledge), he has come a long way in the last 10 months. Growing and changing just as much as Kip. I knew from the moment I met him that he would be a good dad. He is just so patient and genuinely kind and I think young kids can pick-up on that and gravitate to him. He is imaginative and playful and still very much a kid at heart.

I've told Dan that one of the most attractive things to me is when I'm in the other room and I catch a glimpse or overhear him playing with Kippy. Constructing towers and narrating some scene or game. They have a special bond which I am so excited to witness as it grows. If there is one single thing I hope for Kip's future, it's that he is like his dad. I have many faults and Dan isn't perfect either, but at his core, he has a pure heart. He is compassionate and sensitive. He is humble and trustworthy. He sees the good in others and believes that goodness, despite when things happen to question that character. He loves me on my worst days and he tries, more than anyone I know, to exemplify the sacrificial love of Jesus.

We love you Dan and we're so glad you're ours. Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment