August 9, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesdays: School Photos

Today I planned to share about our weekend celebrations with Mandy but Andrea's Show and Tell Tuesday theme is too hilarious to pass-up. I haven't been able to participate in most of her Show and Tell link-ups this year but I just so happened to have some content related to today's theme: Worst School Pictures.

Ugh, you guys when I look at pictures of me post age five I cringe. The hair, the clothes, the everything. I think we can all blame it on the 1990s because seriously did anyone look cute in denim jumpers? The worst part is the styles of the 90s are totally trendy now. I saw a button-up jean jumper at H&M this weekend. Just, no.

Look at my mom rocking midi length jean jumper in this pic below.  She is on the far left standing up. She is probably wearing Teva sandals too.


And there is me in the long white shorts hiked-up to my armpits with my Mickey and Minnie shirt tucked-in and a red bow in my hair. Mandy and I had a thing for tucking our shirts in and lace or ruffled socks. Also, we are probably 10 or 11 in this photo. Super mature girls, super.

Now, some things to note. Mandy and I had bangs as kids. For like over a decade. They were not the cute fluffy and curled bangs of the 90s style, they were the thick straight across the face bangs that started at top of your head and covered your entire forehead.


And here they are at that awkward freshly trimmed phase.


Here's a family photo. Jessy had the 90s bangs down right.  Mandy and me? Not so much.


I'm surprised my button-up denim shirt isn't tucked in. But I do recall really loving that floral skort from Mervyn's. Remember Mervyn's?

Now, on to Middle School. Mandy and I grew our bangs out between 6th and 7th grade. Praise the good Lord. This is classic Middle School.


Mandy took this photo which is why she isn't pictured but this is me (second from left) with our group of friends. We all skipped the 8th grade Halloween dance because we all hated the popular kids and wanted to have fun on our own. We were rebels, clearly. So we had a silly string sleepover.


This is also 8th grade. Not sure what's with the pose but please note the purple Karma beads bracelet.  I'm probably also wearing a stretchy tattoo necklace. Also, that is a picture on NSYNC taped to my headboard.

And here is Mandy the same night in what must have been a photo shoot of some kind.


And here we are again this time at Dealey Plaza.


Who doesn't want to pose like that in front of the Texas School Book Depository by where JFK was assassinated? And please note the hair.

This was our signature hair style.  A flipped-up pony tail with the ends on top. This was long before the top knot trend. It also included a craft ribbon. We called it a loofa.

And we can't forget Dan. We have a lot more of his actual posed school portraits.


This one is not embarrassing but I am curious about the product in his hair.  Dan does not "do" product and he also hates it when I attempt to swoop his hair over to the side like that.

Now here is an embarrassing photo.


He looks so sad!

There is slightly more confidence in this photo. Loving the warm-ups.


Okay, so there they are. What's life if you can't laugh at yourself? Let's all just remember that none of us knew what we were doing in Middle School and only half of us knew what to do about High School. That half didn't include me.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously...we were trendsetters (or should I say trend killers)

    ReplyDelete