August 18, 2016

Rainy Day Random

It's not technically a rainy day but it did sprinkle this morning so there. 

I forgot to post our typical Weekending it report. Now the week is nearly over and it seems silly to post it now. Besides, last weekend can be summed-up in two words: sweaty and exhausting. It was so HOT and super HUMID this weekend and I am not complaining because I love summer but our apartment still feels like an armpit because the heat won't leave. At least we checked two big commitments off of our calendars.

I made this for dinner last night:


It was delicious. It's crusty bread, sliced and toasted. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the warm bread and top with two slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. Roughly chop cherry tomatoes and fresh basil and spoon that over the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. If you want, you could add some minced garlic. It was fast and fresh but we were still hungry so we made frozen french fries as the side. Yay adulting!  

We have been loving the summer Olympics this year.  It's the first year since moving to Brooklyn that I've owned a TV to actually watch the events when they are broadcast. What a treat! We have slowly slipped into significant sleep deprivation because we've been staying up late to watch things. It's not my fault they don't air the gymnastics until like 11 or 11:30! Here are some of my Olympic thoughts:

- I'm sad Simone Biles didn't win gold on the beam but I am thrilled that the girl from the Netherlands won. First, she is a twin and, like, woohoo! And second, her spins on the beam were gorgeous.

- Why don't they ever do a report or tour of the Athlete's Village? I mean behind the scenes is what people want! What do the beds look like? Where does everyone eat? Is it like summer camp? Are there concession stands? Did I miss the report on this? It seems like something totally up Billy Bush's alley.

- Michael Phelps is amazing but it feels a little like Lance Armstrong to me.  It's just suspiciously excessive. Time will tell.

- Trampoline is awesome! I've never seen that event and it is so fun to watch.

- Go U.S.A! But also, we should probably let some other people win. Give Uzbekistan a chance!

- The Chinese divers are amazing. They hardly ever make a splash. Ha!

- Am I the only person who would want to win a gold, silver, and bronze?  Everyone is all about the gold but I would want one of each otherwise things would feel uneven and I would always wonder what a bronze felt like. 

- Did you see the Final Five meet Zac Efron on the Today Show? It was SO cute.

Okay so those are some thoughts on that. I will miss when the Olympics are over and the news goes back to reporting on politics. Ugh, I have NOT missed that.

Tonight Dan and I are going to Karaoke. Gulp. Just for fun, with friends. We will likely just watch. But maybe I'll serenade Dan with a Kelly Clarkson anthem. Who knows?

My good friend Stephanie arrives tomorrow and we are celebrating our collective 30th birthday by attempting a well coordinated effort to see three Broadway shows in two days and paying less than $50 per ticket per show. If we succeed I will share all the details on how it worked. Eek!

Come back Monday for a recap!  

No comments:

Post a Comment