August 26, 2016

Peeks from the Week

So we'd didn't end up doing much this week. Although I did stick with our meal plan which is no small accomplishment. And I finally, and successfully, re-caulked the bath tub. You guys, caulking plagues me. I had many mini meltdowns on Wednesday night on account of the excessive amounts of sticky silicone caulk stuck to my hands. Yesterday morning I found some tips online for how to apply caulk correctly and I did it and it looks awesome! The key is to apply painters tape to the edge of the tub and wall so you can easily lift off the excess caulk without getting caulk everywhere. Not that you care, but it was a big deal for me and for Dan. He is the victim of my many multiple toddler moments. I tell him it's good practice for when we have kids. 30 or 3? There's not much of a difference ;o).

I forgot to share last week that Dan and I did official karaoke for the first time. I say official because we have done homemade karaoke with the youth group a few times. It was several years ago, long before Dan and I were a couple. Here is Dan.


This was a celebrity themed karaoke night where you were supposed to come dressed as a celebrity. I went as Justin Bieber and I remember being super annoyed at Dan because he totally copied me. And he KNEW I was coming as the Biebs. Ugh, boys.


Anyways last Thursday we met friends at a Karaoke place in the city. You rent a room and can order drinks and bring your own food. Since it's a private room you don't have to worry about being in front of strangers and you don't have to listen to a bunch of strangers. It was super fun and hilarious.

Our friends are karaoke pros so they showed us the ropes and now we know some things for next time. Like, pick a song you actually know more than the chorus to...that's harder than you think. Also, like dancing at a party, you just need to let go and get into as soon as possible. Don't sit back and watch for an hour before trying it out. Your nerves will only get worse. Jump in! And act stupid. No one expects you to be Whitney Houston. Here is Dan and me singing a duet of "Ain't No Mountain High."

We started off a little timid...


But then we got really into it...


It was a fun night and we plan to do it again. There were videos taken and they are awful.

This weekend we have plans to go to Governor's Island again to go bike riding. Long live summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment